Sunday, April 09, 2006

i haven't done a damn thing academically since thursday

So um... what have I done with my life this weekend. Oh i've done so many, many things (pregnant pause....) but if I could elaborate on one aspect it would have to be Unity Conference. My life this weekend has been all about this conference. Unity Conference is a yearly event which brings together LGBTIQA people from all over the Southeast. We have speakers, performers, panels, and workshops. All of this has the goal of creating not only change, but also of creating and encouraging new advocates.

Thursday night was the drag show. This year GLBTSA did it up big in Memorial Hall. The bottom was basically full which means that about 1000 people showed up. Hotness. I rolled with Bernard and Alex and of course we had a little drinky drink (actually it wasn't so little). I was so unnecessarily hype. I mean I always have fun at the drag shows and i'd gotten to meet one of the queen earlier so I knew it would be good. Even so the show was like 4 hours long so when I got out of there it was already midnight. Usually there is an afterparty, but I was just too tired. So I took my happy butt on to bed.

Friday was like the most wasteful day of my life. I had to get up early to go to a meeting on camus at 9, but then afterwards all I had was Psych 10 class. Did I even go to that? Heck no. I hung out with Jessica Scruggs, Jasmin, and whoever else in the Union from 11 something until like 4. Afterwards, Kathryn rolled up and I walked her to get Jamba Juice. I f-ed around with her and C. Lee until she left for the mall. I had to be over to Unity Registration by 5. So I went home, changed, and headed over to Memorial Hall. It was so much fun. For a few pictures of our hijinks please refer to facebook. That night I went to the afterparty at Wetlands. It was soooo much fun. I was definately doing a little too much. I danced with EVERYBODY!!! Strangers included.

I left there and met up with Brandon, Bobby, and Derrick. We went to Goldies to see my ex-RA who was in town for a visit. We had Patron shots... this would later be known as a mistake. After Goldies we drove over to Jenne's bday house party. That was ok. I mean, the music was good and there was free alcohol, but noone was dancing. We left there and went to Qdoba. I wasn't hungry, but hey I wasn't driving. So Austin showed up and i need not go into the details of that.

Saturday was Unity Conference. I had to be up on campus to help set up and to work registration. After the previous nite's activities it was just so so so so hard. I went to a really good workshop about the seperation of church and state. It was good, informative, and kinda scary. Saturday night I went out with Brandon and Bobyb again. We went to Brandon's ex roommate Haseeb's house nad smoked hookah and drank. Fun times. It was chill and I met new people so kudos for that.

Today I just couldn't make it up before 12 and so I missed all the workshops, but went to the closing performance and dinner. Good times and a great weekend spent w/o cracking open a single book. Heck yea bitches!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home